Moderator: Garrison Officers

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9255

IL-East Peoria/61611- On Stable Ground Fundraiser-Sat 6/1/13

Post by BigPapaKev »

This troop was a fundraiser to assist 4 local families who were in need of some help after excessive rain basically created a landslide that caused their homes to be deemed unsafe to occupy. BLUERAM took the helm as EC and set this up as he has a relative living in one of the homes. I had initially planned on trooping Joliet but my son had a baseball game earlier in the day that took priority. It worked out since there would have been no one for this event. With a little help from cadet Eric V in my IG and my son the Jawa, we got the job done.

We arrived and suited up. It was a tad warm changing in the attic of the unairconditioned building, but it beats doing it in the parking lot in the rain. The event was your typical fundraiser /benefit with a silent & live auction, food, and even a live band. Snoopy was also on hand, however, we must have run him off because I only saw him once when we arrived. Not a lot of kids on hand but the ones there were very excited to hang out with us. Posed for pictures and when the rain stopped headed outside to draw people in. There was a person from a local newspaper who posted a few pictures on their website.

http://www.eastpeoriatimescourier.com/a ... z2VaF1vKKd

She has been in contact with me since, concerning a story on us in July.

All in all an easy, uneventful 2 hours of helping local families in a tough situation and that's what it's all about. Mark will be following up with the totals raised for the event.

Serving the Empire was:

Keven Marion-Tb 9255
Eric Vietti- future member(I believe he'll be doing a clone build,need to sit with him and nail it down)
Kristian Marion-Jawa of the Galactic Academy
Also pictured Michael Vietti- going to work on something to get him out of the Rubies
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BigPapaKev on Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

BLUERAM
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 4265

Re: IL-East Peoria/61611- On Stable Ground Fundraiser-Sat 6/

Post by BLUERAM »

Well done Keven! Thank You! :thumbs:

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Really well done...
where we would have LOVED to have you guys in Joliet...
you also were needed where you were...
really great to do these small community events where the $$ raised benefits the local people in need.

If/when you get a dollar figure on how much was raised....make sure to post for indirect charity reporting purposes...

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job Keven!! :thumbs: