MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1020

IL – Schaumburg/60173 – LEGOLAND Overnight Adventure 3/16/13

Post by Arcturus1020 »

SL-1020 Darth Vader: James Tampa
TS-9142 Snowtrooper: Jon Weger

We arrived between 5:20 – 6 o'clock in the early evening to get on the floor at 6:30 until 8PM to take photos with the families and kids on the green screen and then had a chance after that to mingle with the crowds. The kids had a terrific time and we received some fabulous reviews after the whole event was over on Sunday: One of the families had said on their survey, and I'm paraphrasing here: 'My boys had a great time and it was wonderful that the Snowtrooper and Darth Vader took time to interact and answer a bunch of questions from my sons. I'm so glad it wasn't just a "here's your photo" and that's all.'

We were treated extremely well at the event! After we did the photos, we both went off into various sections of LEGOland downstairs keeping guests entertained and even accompanying a few on the Kingdom Quest ride downstairs. Speaking from my personal experience on this ride, it was tough for me to even reach the blaster once I sat down, so the employee handed it to me. I told the kid next to me that I only use a lightsaber and that I wasn't familiar with this blaster. He explained to me that I just point it and shoot. LOL! Guests were kept downstairs at the start so that they could clean upstairs and then when the pizza came, we flip-flopped so when we went upstairs, they cleaned downstairs and set up the sleeping mats. Very well orchestrated!

At this point, it was around 8PM so I went to go get changed and had no idea where Jon went. LOL He eventually came upstairs and suited down too. We then were treated to pizza, drinks (open kid bar!) and even a cookie! See? It is true! The Dark Side has cookies! After this, there were workshops, demonstrations, and 3 movie shorts in 4D. When the last movie ended, group sections were invited to go downstairs to get their things and find a place to sleep. Lights out happened at midnight and there was much snoring (some from me apparently, although I only got between 2-3 hours of sleep), and much building noise. It really sounded like someone kept dropping the giant LEGO Yoda on the floor—hard!

In the morning, we were all treated to a light breakfast (muffin or bagel), OJ, and coffee. It was the perfect amount of people at this one—about 57 in all. Their Super Hero Overnight Adventures had about 80 people at each event (far too many they found out).

Thank you, LEGOLAND!

LEGO Vader! They had this head of their costume just sitting on a shelf in their office, and I had to ask if I could try it on! It's made for a 5' 2" person or smaller though.

Photos have been uploaded to the MWG Photobucket album.

Rebel Doughboy
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9336

Re: IL – Schaumburg/60173 – LEGOLAND Overnight Adventure 3/1

Post by Rebel Doughboy »

AWESOME!
Many bothans died to bring you this post...the tearing of ligaments and almost the loss of a TK's finger...

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Post by TK3446 »

Glad everyone had a good time and was treated well. It's my turn this Saturday. Thanks for doing the MR Jim.
Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

jweger77
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 9142

Post by jweger77 »

I was entertaining for a little bit past 8. Wasn't sure when suit down time was. :lol:

Arcturus1020
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1020

Post by Arcturus1020 »

:lol:
Yeah, maybe you weren't there yet when they discussed the suit-up/suit-down times . . . they changed it to end at 8 for us. Sorry, Jon! It'll probably be like that for this coming weekend too—that's when the pizza arrived so they wanted us to enjoy having some as well. :wink: It was great seeing you again!!!

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

Any donations made?

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Post by TK3446 »

Schph Gochi wrote:Any donations made?
Sorry Phyllis this is not a charity event.
Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Post by Schph Gochi »

TK3446 wrote:
Schph Gochi wrote:Any donations made?
Sorry Phyllis this is not a charity event.

:thumbsup:

lol...always gotta ask...

:D

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Looks like a great time! :thumbs: