Moderator: Garrison Officers

BigPapaKev
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 9255

10/17/14-BAT Fundraiser reward. Morton, Il 61550

Post by BigPapaKev »

As strange as it may sound, this was a Blast -a- Trooper set up for an elementary school as a "prize" for those students who individually raised $200 or more during their Walk a Thon fundraiser. Grades k-6 were each given their own time slot to take part in the outdoor activities. Those not earning the "reward" were cheering on their classmates while they took target practice at my various body parts. (I did hear "shoot him in the privates" on more than one occasion) I found a way to make it more fun by telling students things like "the 2nd grade said they are better shots than you" or "the girls shoot better than the boys." After shots were fired I passed out cards, gave high 5's, a few hugs, and created lots of smiles.

Being a weekday, short notice troop caused myself to be the only target. (although I was later joined by another member who wasn't shot at) A parent assisted in the loading of the blasters and "crowd control." Going solo at an school, I had some fears of being overwhelmed, but these were some very well behaved children. (except for maybe their choice of target areas) It was pleasing to know BAT could be pulled off with 1 or 2 troopers. trooping the event were:

Keven Marion TB9255
James Uphoff SL8593

No funds were raised as the fundraising was done prior to my involvement. Total time invested 4hrs

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9b05168f7c

Sorry Lord Vader but the ability to destroy a planet IS significant.

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 10/17/14-BAT Fundraiser reward. Morton, Il 61550

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job! Sounds like the kids were great! :thumbs:

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 1951

Re: 10/17/14-BAT Fundraiser reward. Morton, Il 61550