Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

IL-Oak Lawn/60453-Hope Children's Hosp/Bug'sPals-FRI 8/15/14

Post by woulf »

Once again, were able to team up with Bugs Pals and the Siemek family, and spread a little Star wars cheer to the children and families at Advocate (Hope) Children's Hospital. This year we did not have a fund raiser/book drive, but none the less our members contributed enough books on our own to make sure the children all got a book to read. The artist Steve Palenica was on hand as well and gave signed cards and prints to the children. A wonderful troop for a wonderful cause. This was our 4th year at the hospital, and as always we were well recieved by the children and their families. We split into groups and hit the floors, the lobby, the waiting room and tried to hit all points in-between. A HUGE thanks to everyone who was able to make it out and become a part of this.

A big thanks to Ed, who has made this troop every year, not only that, but has stepped aside so others could do it, and stepping in when we have not met our total. Thank you sir!
Also a big thanks to the "nightshifter" Jody, who was the force to making this event happen in the begining, and then turning over the reigns to me, once i was approved. It was good having you back again this year, Thank you!
Last but not least, a big thank you to Dan Siemek's sister, who once again donated the huge trays of subs, chips, and cookies so all the troops would be fed.

Charity totals... unknown? there were a lot of us who brought books to donate, but i have lost count as to who brought what.

Hours: 10 troopers x 4 hours 40 hours

Attendees:
Steve, 7345 / RL - Kit Fisto
Dave, 12155 - Boba Fett
Aaron, 2875 - Darth Vader
Ed, 4438 - TIE
Jody, 6443 / RL - Tusken
Phyllis, 1951 / RL - Jedi
Robert, 5206 / RL - Cmdr. Cody
Scott, 6773 / RL - Ywing pilot
Samantha, RL - Padme
Eric, 41551 - TK

slideshow: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/Midwe ... 20Hospital

Group shot Natalie's bench

Cody meets a fairy princess

One of our biggest fans
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

TI4438
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 4438

Re: IL-Oak Lawn/60453-Hope Children's Hosp/Bug'sPals-FRI 8/1

Post by TI4438 »

Events like this are the primary reason I joined the 501st.

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL-Oak Lawn/60453-Hope Children's Hosp/Bug'sPals-FRI 8/1

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job for a great cause! :thumbs: