Moderator: Garrison Officers

Sakic Jade
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 52809

IL - Oak Brook/60523 - Wedding Reception Crash - Sat 5/17/14

Post by Sakic Jade »

So, when I got married 7 years ago, my little brother caused a commotion.

My wife and I were out cold, sleeping at 2:30 in the morning. There is a knock at my door and when I answer, at 2:30 AM on my wedding night, it was the police. They explain that there is a problem with my brother and his girlfriend. They got into a fight. That he had either threatened to hurt himself, or her, or both, and they needed him to sign something or they'd take him away. They said they tried to reach anyone else in the hotel related to him, but I was the only one who they could get. Stacy and I had to get up, get dressed, and go down there. The whole time, we thought it was a goof. That we'd get there and my brothers and cousins would yell surprise. Nope. Heres what happened ... my brother and his then girlfriend got quite intoxicated. She was sent to her room early due to her behavior, and he continued to drink. Well, after the reception and afterparty, my brother made his way back to his room, quite drunk. When he got to his door, his key wouldn't open it. He assumed his girlfriend changed the key (even though it was his room and that didn't happen. It was user error.) He went to get a new key, and finally entered the room. She was passed out, and he was mad. So he got a cup of water and dumped it on her, and a fight began.

So, this was his wedding and I needed my fellow troopers to get me some payback.

My brother wasn't going to have a bouquet or garter toss, so I thought that the troops could crash the reception, and take care of those items for them. Maul walked in with a TK and IG in tow. He grabbed the mic, and well, this video shows you how it went down.

http://youtu.be/bBn9ZG_lb44

Afterwards, they posed for pictures with anyone who asked, and were on their way.

This was the look on the bride and grooms face....

Thanks to the guys for helping me out!

3 Troopers x 30 minutes each = 1.5 hours trooped.

Ted Ruler - Darth Maul - SL-36285
Eric Werner - TK-41551
Neil Auer - IG-3446

I was there as photog and EvCo. Patrick Lewis 52809

As thanks, my family made a donation of $100 to Cistic Fibrosis in our name.
"The choices of one shape the futures of all."

TK3446
MWG Member
MWG Member
501st Legion ID: 3446

Re: IL - Oak Brook/60523 - Wedding Reception Crash - Sat 5/1

Post by TK3446 »

We had a good time trooping this event. We even had fun after this troop was over! ;)
Neil " El Blanco Lando" Auer
TK3446

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: IL - Oak Brook/60523 - Wedding Reception Crash - Sat 5/1

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Looks (and sounds) like a blast! :thumbs: