Moderator: Garrison Officers

Schph Gochi
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 1951

08/22/2015- Mokena MakerFaire

Post by Schph Gochi »

Many thanks to MWG member Dave Klima and Robert Redden (and me)...
along with NSB members Laura Smith, Pat Phinney, ..
and a couple of our droids.....Artoo Gochi and Robert's BB8 who attended the Mokena MakerFaire.

This is not a con but rather an event to showcase people who "make stuff".

The organizers of this event contacted The Rebel Legion requesting an appearance from us. Since I live in the town where the MakerFaire was located, I took this event as coordinator and thought it would be a great opportunity to show people how a lot of what we wear (and our droids) is hand made and lovingly re-created.

There were no huge crowds, but Faire goers really did have a lot of questions for us on construction and sources.

There were dozens of other exhibits there, but toward the end of the day, one of the organizers did come up to me and tell me that while polling those exiting the event as to what their favorite part/exhibit was...
the response was that over 50% of the people leaving appreciated our display the most....
very cool.....

Thank you all again!

I tried to put together a display that featured both the light and dark side of the force...

A lot of folks had fun trying on my old (very old) FX bucket....I don't wear it very often anymore...so it was a piece that folks could have a little fun with...

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 8-22-15 - Mokena MakerFaire

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Sounds like a great and informative event! :thumbs: