Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

05/03/15 SUN - Walk MS - St. Charles/60174

Post by woulf »

We were contacted to help cheer on the teams participating in the Multiple Sclerosis Walk. This was held in the same park that hosts the breast cancer walk in the fall. I arrived and met with our contact, and went over the plan for the morning. I met up with Chris and his son and we changed in the parking lot then made our way to the events starting point. We stopped and took lots of photos with adults, children, and even a few dogs. Samantha met up with us after a little bit, and we continued to pose for photos until all the teams began on there walks. after a few had started to return, we talked to the host, and thanked her for the invite. We then had to roll out, as all of us were continuing the trooping gauntlet that the first weekend in May has become :mrgreen:

Thanks to Chris and Samantha for helping me out. Also a big thanks to Chris' son Hayden for helping getting us in costumes, as well as being our photographer :thumbs:

Attendees:
Steve M. 7345, TK
Chris B. 21273, Boba Fett
Samantha S. RL, Princess Leia

Handler/photographer:
Hayden B.

4 troopers X 3 hours = 12 hours

The host reported to me that at the time of the event, their MS walk event had raised just over $125,000 :thumbs:

Group shot

Release the hounds! :mrgreen:

The Host's husband was a big Star Wars fan, and even bigger Boba Fett fan...he had to be restrained and scolded by the Princess :mrgreen:

album: http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/Midwe ... %20Charles
A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 05/03/15 SUN - Walk MS - St. Charles/60174

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Fantastic job! :thumbs:

BurningDragon
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 50488

Re: 05/03/15 SUN - Walk MS - St. Charles/60174

Post by BurningDragon »

Added to Charity Totals. Looking good!
Who one truly is cannot be seen with the eye.