Moderator: Garrison Officers

woulf
MWG Member
MWG Member
4poziom.waw.pl
501st Legion ID: 7345

07/12/15 SUN - Niece & Nephew Birthday Party - West Chicago

Post by woulf »

Was asked to appear for a niece and nephew's birthday party. They have both had to deal with family hardships and their Aunt thought a little Star Wars for thier party would cheer them up. This was a last minute troop, and the host was extremely happy when i contacted her. I suited up in a back bedroom, while the kids were playing downstairs. meanwhile one of the adults downloaded the imperial march on their phone, and played it as i came down the stairs. The children were beyond excited and the 2 girls began jumping up and down yelling there was a real Stormtrooper in their house. :mrgreen: I answered a few questions about the armor and blaster, and hammed it up for photos. Then I went upstairs to pose for some photos with the adults. earlier in the afternoon, they had celebrated their parents 45th anniversary. After wishing the children a happy birthday, and the parents a happy anniversary, I returned to the back bedroom and suited down. I was invited to join them for food and cake, but I a prior engagement, so i thanked them and departed. The aunt thanked me again and again, and then handed me a blank check for $50 to write out to whatever charity I choose.

Attendee:

Steve M - 7345 - TK

Hours trooped:
1 trooper x 1 hour = 1 hour

$50 donation made to Make A Wish

A man might befriend a wolf, even break a wolf, but no man could truly tame a wolf.
George RR Martin

Runnin'6712
Garrison Event Coordinator
Garrison Event Coordinator
501st Legion ID: 6712

Re: 07/12/15 SUN - Niece & Nephew Birthday Party - West Chic

Post by Runnin'6712 »

ToD updated. Great job on the solo troop! I'm sure you made the day for them! :thumbs:

BurningDragon
Inactive Member
Inactive Member
501st Legion ID: 50488

Re: 07/12/15 SUN - Niece & Nephew Birthday Party - West Chic

Post by BurningDragon »

Added to Charity totals
Who one truly is cannot be seen with the eye.